02.01.11

Mari uue aasta luuletused

New Year

The seconds tick by,
Closer and closer they come,
To the fateful moment.

They keep on moving,
I need to catch my breath.
I need to stop a moment.

The seconds keep ticking by.
I can't keep up.
What is happening?

My mind reels at the notion.
A New Year. A New Year.
What am I supposed to do?

Is it a time for great enlightenment?
Or do I just celebrate,
And enjoy the notion of another year gone by?

Tick, tick, tick.
The last seconds!
What do I do?

And as the cheer goes up,
The year passes me by,
ending in confusion.


Another Year

An old year has shed its skin,
The new one here to greet us.

And there it went
Disappearing in a second.
It neither shakes the world,
Nor changes much at all.

I see the cat still prowling
None the wiser.

We sit and celebrate a moment.
Then continue as if not a thing had happened.

What is it really?
To let a year slip by.

Is it bad, good or neither?
I really have no clue.

But none the less,
It is gone, and we will never get it back.


WHAT IS THE NEW YEAR

What is the New Year?
Is it really a new start?
It happens regularly,
An annual event.

The world has finished another revolution,
Has anything really changed?

We go up for a few moments.
Count, congratulate each other,
Then go back to the things
We were doing before it happened.

Another year gone by,
still alive and well,
or are we?

It's the New Year.
Why do I fees so confused?
As if there should be more.
A deeper meaning to this celebration.

But all I see is the world still spinning,
It won't give me a break.

Life still goes on...

Mari tõi need minu kätte aasta esimese tunni jooksul. Ta oli lihtsalt maha istunud ning kirja pannud, mis mõtles, mis tundis. Tunnistan, et olin väga üllatunud. Selle asemel, et sõpradega koos olla, võttis aja maha... ja luuletas. Saan ka pisut aru ta tunnetest. Lapsepõlve vaimustus peost ja millegi suure ootamisest leiab vanemaks (ja loodetavasti targemaks) saades teised piirid. Eks ta ole sellises eas, kus ta otsib ennast ja selgust oma tunnetele.

1 kommentaar:

  1. Mulle meeldib eriti viimane luuletus. Tervitus noorele poetessile! Ja head uut aastat kogu teie vahvale perele!

    VastaKustuta

Võid siia jätta oma arvamuse. Need ilmuvad kohe-kohe! Nii et ainult kannatust :-)